Five reasons to break up with your sports bra
Even your favorite sports bra can start exhibiting behavior reminiscent of a bad relationship – it’s not supportive anymore, rubs you the wrong way or isn’t a good fit.
So how do you know it’s time to end things? If any of these apply, this relationship cannot be saved. Move on.
1. THE BOTTOM BAND CHAFES – Over time, the bottom band loses elasticity and the resulting slack can lead to chafing. Just say no to any physical abuse from your bra.
2. YOU CAN’T READ THE TAGS ANYMORE – If the tags are faded to the point you can’t read them, it’s time to see other sports bras.
3. IT’S TOO BIG OR TOO SMALL – Your bra size is constantly changing. That’s why 8 out of 10 women wear the wrong size bra. If you have lost or gained weight, you probably need a bra fitting. A supportive sports bra relies on a perfect fit.
4. YOU NEED MORE THAN ONE – If you need more than one sports bra, you are not getting what you need. Try a more supportive style designed for larger cups.
5. YOU NEED NEW SHOES – Just like your athletic shoes, sports bras need to be replaced about every 6-12 months. Make it a habit to replace them together.
*courtesy of Moving Comfort